Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan - Sygic Mobile Maps navigation for mobile phones is available and localized into Chinese
Sygic has brought its full-featured turn-by-turn voice guided application to further Asian countries – it is now available for mobile phone users in Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan and it has been fully localized into various flavors of Chinese for both user interface and input language, as well as instruction voices.
Sygic Mobile Maps turns a mobile phone into a full-featured navigation device. It is available for iPhone from iTunes App Store and for phones running on Windows Mobile, Symbian and Android platform from Sygic web site e-shop. The application costs $ 49,99 (EUR 39,99) and it includes coverage of Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan, featuring the latest maps from Tele Atlas. The package is fully localized into Chinese – Chinese instruction voices (Mandarin, Cantonese and Taiwanese), Chinese user interface languages (Traditional and Simplified) and Chinese text input (Zhu Yin and Pin Yin). All street names are in Chinese, names of restaurants and other points of interest are in Chinese. Road signs are localized as well.
Link to the application on iTunes:
Link to the application on Sygic e-shop:
Mobile Maps is a proven application on a range of more than 150 mobile phones and smartphones. It is also available for following regions: Australia & New Zealand, South East Asia (incl. Brunei, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia), India, Gulf Countries (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates), Russia, Complete Europe, UK/ Ireland, North America (incl. USA, Canada & Mexico), US, Colombia & Brazil.
Features & benefits:
- latest maps included on-board of the phone, with all street names and road signs localised in Chinese
- crisp-clear catchy graphic interface
- smooth map movement
- quick destination input options – even when typing with errors
- high speed of route calculation
- instant re-routing in case you missed a turn
- rotation sensor for automatic switching between landscape/portrait operation in real-time
- large choice of world languages including English and Chinese. Chinese instruction voices include Mandarin, Cantonese and Taiwanese, Chinese user interface languages are available in Traditional and Simplified Chinese and there is also Chinese text input (Zhu Yin and Pin Yin).
- automatic return to the app and the route after a phone call
- intuitive operation & easy personalization, incl. personal settings of the main screen info bar
- option to save your own points of interests as favorites
- automatic or manual day/night view
- all important safety features, including lane assistance, speed limit indication, information about railway crossings and dangerous areas
- access to phone contacts directly from the application – available for iPhone only
- preview of the route and turn instructions list for planning journeys
- thousands of POIs – names of restaurants and other points of interest are localized in Chinese
- selection between car and bicycle modes for optimum route
- all the maps will be stored on the device, there will be no need to download data on the go, which otherwise costs unnecessary waiting time and money
- current maps are included in the price, so there are no monthly fees or hidden charges.
Sygic develops and sells turn-by-turn voice guided GPS navigation for a wide range of mobile devices. Sygic delivers its GPS software worldwide in more than 20 languages, including Chinese, Arabic, Farsi, Malay, Greece, Russian and nearly all European languages, working together with map providers to support maps for all regions. Sygic cooperates strongly with leading PND, phone and PMP manufactures worldwide to bring the latest technology to the market. Sygic supports major OS's: iPhone, Symbian, Android, Windows Mobile, Windows CE, Windows XP/Vista and Linux, and its applications have been approved on more than 200 devices.
Sygic's major competitive advantages are based on navigation experience from professionals: intuitive user interface, fast rendering and route calculation, low demand on processors and memory, automatic screen resolution adaptation, smart recognition and self-setting to keyboard or touch screen operation and above all the multiplatform engine, all this to make the application start quickly and run smoothly on any device.
The company was founded in 2004 with a vision to operate as a strong, technically oriented company in order to bring innovative products for the LBS/ Navigation market.
Sygic and the Sygic logo are registered trademarks of Sygic