12 million new POIs for iPhone users in North America - Sygic Mobile Maps update released
Sygic is glad to share with the North American iPhone Mobile Maps users that an update with 12 million additional points of interests (POIs) is available for the application from this morning, and it is free to download for existing users.
Apart from the huge amount of new POIs, there are further features and enhancements included in this free update: making calls to POI has been enabled, voice instructions volume tuned up, and the music playback is not being interrupted by voice instructions anymore. Additionally, Sygic enhanced the GPS signal information and added the low battery status info. The update info is also included in the iTunes description.
„We are following the discussions on various fora and around reviews, constantly listening to our users and trying to introduce the enhancements as soon as possible. We fully encourage the users to talk to us on our Facebook page, via our support or post their experience on the web – we try to be everywhere to listen and communicate. We are truly thankful for their feedback because it helps our software to get better for them in return.“ comments Anna Hurbanic, Sygic's PR Manager.
Follow this link to download the app: Mobile Maps America – North – Turn-by-Turn Voice Guided GPS Navigation or via iPhone on Sygic web page
Price for the iPhone version of Sygic Mobile Maps North America (maps from Tele Atlas), which includes USA, Canada and Mexico, is 79.99 USD.
* * * * * * *
Sygic Mobile Maps is a proven application on a range of more than 150 mobile phones and smartphones – iPhone enthusiasts can therefore benefit from all the feedback of Windows Mobile and Symbian phone users so far.
Features & benefits:
- latest maps included
- crisp-clear catchy graphic interface
- smooth map movement
- quick destination input options – even when typing with errors
- high speed of route calculation
- instant re-routing in case you missed a turn
- rotation sensor for automatic switching between landscape/portrait operation in real-time
- your language (from more than 20 available)
- automatic return to the app and the route after a phone call
- intuitive operation & easy personalization, incl. personal settings of the main screen info bar
- option to save your own points of interests as favorites
- automatic or manual day/night view
- all important safety features, including lane assistance, speed limit indication, safety cameras, information about railway crossings and dangerous areas
- preview of the route and turn instructions list for planning journeys
- thousands of POIs; among others also a list of parking options nearby for you to select and be guided to
- selection between car and bicycle modes for optimum route calculation
And the ultimate two good news about your expenses:
1) all the maps will be stored on the device, there will be no need to download data on the go, which otherwise costs unnecessary waiting time and money
2) buying Sygic software allows you to use the application without time limitation; current maps are included in the price, so there are no monthly fees or hidden charges.
- Sygic Mobile Maps North America including United States, Canada & Mexico
- Sygic Mobile Maps Europe
- Sygic Mobile Maps Australia & New Zealand
- Sygic Mobile Maps South East Asia, including Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore & Thailand
- Sygic Mobile Maps Russia
- Sygic Mobile Maps Brazil
Full information about the product is available from App Store by clicking on
the Sygic app icon. Follow:
Mobile Maps America – North – Turn-by-Turn Voice Guided GPS Navigation or iPhone on Sygic web page
For further range of Sygic Mobile Maps 2009 navigation software (Windows and Symbian platforms – more than 150 approved devices) – visit Sygic web pages www.sygic.com. To buy you can contact directly email@example.com
Contact for media information or in case of any questions: Anna Hurbanic, PR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
About Sygic www.sygic.com
Sygic develops and sells turn-by-turn voice guided GPS navigation for a wide range of mobile devices. Sygic delivers its GPS software worldwide in more than 20 languages, including Chinese, Arabic, Farsi, Malay, Greece, Russian and all European languages, working together with map providers to support maps for all regions. Sygic cooperates strongly with leading PND, phone and PMP manufactures worldwide to bring the latest technology to the market. Sygic supports major OS's: Windows Mobile, Symbian, iPhone, Linux and its applications have has been approved on more than 200 devices.
Sygic's major competitive advantages are based on navigation experience from professionals: intuitive user interface, fast rendering and route calculation, low demand on processors and memory, automatic screen resolution adaptation, smart recognition and self-setting to keyboard or touch screen operation and above all the multiplatform engine, all this to make the application start quickly and run smoothly on any device.
The company was founded in 2004 with a vision to operate as a strong, technically oriented company in order to bring innovative products for the LBS/ Navigation market.
Sygic and the Sygic logo are registered trademarks of Sygic