Sygic GPS Navigation for Android version 11.2 brings new features, new regions and even wider compatibility
Sygic GPS Navigation distributed via Android Market can now be used on a wide range of the latest tablets with Android operating system 3.0., 3.1. and 3.2. like Motorola Xoom and Asus Transformer. “We are trying to meet the requests and suggestions of our users, and widen the range of compatible devices as well as available regions.” says Samo Jurdik, Online Channels Director at Sygic.
Apart from implementing the much requested Google Local Search™ and favorite POI import, Sygic app now includes several other key improvements. A new interactive map allows users to tap on items on the map to access information or choose an action. The application was made safer by Text-to-Speech voice synthesis. Another practical feature is the visual notification of upcoming speed limit change, with distance to where the new speed limit becomes effective. Dynamic Lane Guidance™, moving animation, appears when approaching complex motorway intersections to indicate which lanes to take.
For more information about Sygic GPS Navigation for Android, its features, map coverage and compatible devices list, please, go to: http://www.sygic.com/en/android
New features in Sygic GPS Navigation:
- Google Local Search™
- Dynamic Lane Guidance™, moving animation showing all lanes and highlighting the one you should be in
- Text-to-Speech voice synthesis
- Visual notification of upcoming speed limit change, with distance to where the new speed limit becomes effective
- Favorite POI import at www.sygic.com/poi
- Quick Search™ accessible right from the map
- Navigation to geotagged photos from gallery or to photos from Panoramio shown on map
- Interactive map – tap on any street, POI or photo to highlight it, then tap on the info bubble to choose action
- Advanced settings for text-to-speech voice guidance
- New traffic delays announced with text-to-speech voice
- Improved traffic status icon in the navigation screen
- Call up a a list of incidents on the route by tapping on the traffic status icon while in the map
- Switch between walk/drive mode by tapping on the vehicle arrow
- SOS / Help in Menu – Info
Media contact: Simona Parnicka, email@example.com
About Sygic: www.sygic.com
At Sygic we develop and sell turn-by-turn voice guided GPS navigation for a wide range of mobile devices. Our software is delivered worldwide in more than 30 languages. We are working together with map industry leaders for supreme mapping support.
Our customers are considered a part of Sygic development family. We listen and respond to suggestions about application and ideas for features from our customers, to create the best product possible.
In 2010, Sygic was acknowledged as the 4th fastest growing IT Company in Central and Eastern Europe by Deloitte, based on business results from previous five years.