Sygic Mobile Maps for iPhone comes to Gulf Countries and Colombia, other OSs follow
November 4, 2009
Sygic presents two new regional apps for iPhone, that have just been launched on iTunes App Store – one for Colombia and one for Gulf Countries, including Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates. The applications will also be available for sales for Windows Mobile, Symbian and Android phones on Sygic web site e-shop from November 9, 2009.
Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation software Sygic Mobile Maps converts
mobile phones into full-featured navigation devices. Sygic now
extends its regional availability by further regions – in South America, it
is adding Colombia to currently available app for Brazil, and a brand new
regional app enhances the navigation options in Asia, specifically in the Gulf
Countries, covering Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and United Arab
Emirates. Sygic has so far launched apps for Australia & New Zealand,
Brazil, Europe, North America (incl. USA, Canada & Mexico), Russia (for
iPhone only), South East Asia (incl. Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia and
Indonesia), UK & Ireland, and US (for iPhone only).
Sygic Mobile Maps Colombia contains maps by Satrack, the top map data provider in the region, while the application for Gulf countries includes maps from the global map data provider Tele Atlas.
The new apps for iPhone are available instantly from iTunes App Store, while Sygic will launch these for Symbian, Windows Mobile and Android phones at Sygic online store on November 9, 2009.
Sygic Mobile Maps Gulf Countries:
$ 99.99, maps from Tele Atlas: Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates
Link to iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/…viewSoftware?…
Link to Sygic e-shop: http://www.sygic.com/…-to-buy.html (from Nov 9, 2009)
* * *
Sygic Mobile Maps is a proven application on a range of more than 150 mobile phones and smartphones – iPhone addicts can therefore benefit from all the feedback of Windows Mobile, Symbian and Android phone users so far.
Features & benefits:
- latest maps included on-board of the phone
- crisp-clear catchy graphic interface
- smooth map movement
- quick destination input options – even when typing with errors
- high speed of route calculation
- instant re-routing in case you missed a turn
- rotation sensor for automatic switching between landscape/portrait operation in real-time
- your language (from more than 20 available), incl.support of Arabic language as voice instruction as well as user interface language, with correct right-to-left writing
- automatic return to the app and the route after a phone call
- intuitive operation & easy personalization, incl. personal settings of the main screen info bar
- option to save your own points of interests as favorites
- automatic or manual day/night view
- all important safety features, including lane assistance, speed limit indication, information about railway crossings and dangerous areas
- access to phone contacts directly from the application – available for iPhone only
- preview of the route and turn instructions list for planning journeys
- thousands of POIs; among others also a list of parking options nearby for you to select and be guided to
- selection between car and bicycle modes for optimum route
- all the maps will be stored on the device, there will be no need to download data on the go, which otherwise costs unnecessary waiting time and money
- Sygic Mobile Maps can be used without time limitation after purchase; current maps are included in the price, so there are no monthly fees or hidden charges.
About Sygic www.sygic.com
Sygic develops and sells turn-by-turn voice guided GPS navigation for a wide range of mobile devices. Sygic delivers its GPS software worldwide in more than 20 languages, including Chinese, Arabic, Farsi, Malay, Greece, Russian and nearly all European languages, working together with map providers to support maps for all regions. Sygic cooperates strongly with leading PND, phone and PMP manufactures worldwide to bring the latest technology to the market. Sygic supports major OS's: Windows Mobile, Symbian, iPhone, Linux, Android, and its applications have has been approved on more than 200 devices.
Sygic's major competitive advantages are based on navigation experience from professionals: intuitive user interface, fast rendering and route calculation, low demand on processors and memory, automatic screen resolution adaptation, smart recognition and self-setting to keyboard or touch screen operation and above all the multiplatform engine, all this to make the application start quickly and run smoothly on any device.
The company was founded in 2004 with a vision to operate as a strong, technically oriented company in order to bring innovative products for the LBS/ Navigation market.
Sygic and the Sygic logo are registered trademarks of Sygic