Navigation with SDK
- Include oil fields in the navigational maps
- Avoid all roads not suitable for your truck, cargo or hazardous materials
- Import custom POIs (oil and gas wells etc.)
- Communicate with drivers and get real time status reports
- Save time with automated dispatching of jobs to best available driver
- Import optimized routes from your system directly using API or from external systems (e.g. route optimization or planning tools)
1000 drivers building most effective routing
Enhancing efficiency of a whole fleet
TOTAL, a major oil and gas corporation based in France, integrated over 1000 trucks with Sygic Professional Navigation.
Drivers have customized navigation menu and vehicle attributes are set up remotely over-the-air by dispatchers through “ChangeApplicationOption” API. Dispatchers also use the API function “GetItineraryList” enabling them to visualize real time drivers’ statuses, which waypoints have been already visited, which haven’t and what is the remaining distance to the final destination.
Drivers are adding road restrictions directly into the navigation. In the navigation menu they have the option to mark the roads which are closed or problematic. These changes are then distributed to all other devices, and the navigation takes this into account when computing the route resulting in increased quality of routing for the whole fleet.
Is truck driving dangerous?
20. 03. 2017 · Business
Unfortunately, the answer is yes. Driving a huge truck, which weighs several tons is something we shouldn’t call “an easy job”. As one driver descr…
Top 5 Project Managers' requests
14. 03. 2017 · Business
Sygic’s dedicated team of project managers actively assist our clients during and after the process of integrating Sygic Professional N…