BLS user guide
Sygic Business License System (BLS) is the web portal for companies to manage their Sygic licenses. Company users login to the portal with the Sygic assigned credentials.
The Sygic licenses are allocated by Sygic personnel at the time of a product purchase. The companies can then manage those allocated licenses using the operations like activation, deactivation, advanced view etc.
The license activation is an immediate process so the navigation devices when online are automatically activated with a Sygic application restart or login.
BLS can operate with two type of products: lifetime and time-limited (e.g. 2 years). The small difference is that the time-limited licenses expose the date expiry attribute.
The type of the product is subject to purchase conditions and cannot be changed within BLS.
With license activation there is the choice to bind a license either to a unique device identifier (like IMEI on Android) or to a user name (typically email). For the latter the navigation requires login with a first run.
The BLS user interface is defined by two pages. The first page named Orders shows the overview of licenses such as the total number of licenses per product. The second page named Licenses shows the list of licenses and allows browsing, searching, filtering and sorting operations on them.
Company users login into BLS with the credentials (username and password) assigned by Sygic personnel.
The web portal is at the URL https://bls.sygic.com.
Note for users previous License portal (Partners site): You can use your current login credentials valid for old Partners Site to login into BLS or contact your sales manager.
After successful login a user lands on the Orders page. The company name appears in the right upper corner along with the Logout button.
The license overview appears on the landing page after successful login. Or it appears after clicking on the Orders tab in the ribbon.
Within this view a user sees the number of products the company has with Sygic. And for each product the following is displayed:
- Purchase period (in case of time-limited licenses)
- Activation type
- total number of licenses
- number of free licenses
- number of activated licenses
- number of deactivated licenses
- number of expired licenses
- Dispatched (in case of Product code licenses)
- number of repairs, i.e. licenses which have been reactivated from one device to another, or from one username to another
Please note that actual number of available licenses for new activations is given by the sum of the free and deactivated licenses. However there are some limits, which can be applied with activation of deactivated licenses. For more see the Reactivation chapter.
The license's details appears after clicking on the Licenses tab in the ribbon.
This view initially shows the list of all company licenses with all Sygic products. The licenses are displayed with the following columns as default but you can select more from menu:
- Identifier: the device id or username identifier of a license
- Activation code (code valid only for current device ID)
- Type: the type of the license binding, being it a device id (device) or a username (email), or undefined for yet not assigned licenses
- Product name: The Sygic product name the license belongs to
- Status: the status of a license having four values: free, activated, deactivated, expired
- Expires on: the date and time defining the license expiry. This only applies to the time-limited products
- Repairs: the number of reactivations on the license
- Order name: name of the order the license comes from; this is typically the identification of the official order exchanged with a sales person
- And more
This view allows searching and filtering on the licenses through typing filtering strings or using dropdown selections located under the column headers where available. The sorting operations are accessible through clicks on the column headers.
Export of License details
BLS allows you to see license details under the Licenses tab in the ribbon. All that information can be exported to CSV file for additional work, e.g. advanced analytics or as your own backup.
To export your licenses, go to Licenses tab and click on the Menu button in the upper right corner of BLS.
Then you have a choice to export all the details of your account or just the visible ones:
- Export all data exports the whole database of your licenses including Free slots that have not been activated yet
- Export visible data exports only information that is visible on the page based on your filter criteria
Exported file will be saved as comma delimited Download.csv (simple example below):
"Identifier","Activation Code","Product Name","Note","Status","Expires On","Repairs","Order Name","Activated 1st","Activated Last","Secondary Identifier","Type","Product Code","Product Code Expiry","P. Period","Tags","Testing License" "978895524998539",,"Truck 3D - North America NT - time limited","Customer #1","active","2021-06-28T11:26:02.21",,"Order #1","2018-06-28T11:26:02.64","2018-06-28T11:26:02.64",,"device",,,"36","",TRUE "273031824003795",,"Truck 3D - North America NT - time limited","Customer #1","deactivated","2021-06-28T11:26:03.047",,"Order #1","2018-06-28T11:26:03.467","2018-06-28T11:28:10.637",,"device",,,"36","",TRUE "",,"Truck 3D - North America NT - time limited",,"free",,,"Order #1",,,,"undefined",,,"36","",TRUE
- Be cautious when directly opening CSV file using Microsoft Excel
- If Excel recognizes the number that begins with zero(s), e.g. 006574896124, it tends to delete the leading zeros and it results in a different number, in our case 6574896124 which is a different identifier even if it seems to be the the same
- This happens when separating row information to columns e.g. using “Text to Columns” functionality in Excel
- To avoid deleting leading zeros please either use text editor to work with exported data or make sure you import CSV file to Excel through Data options: Data – From Text/CSV
The activation operation can be triggered from the Orders page through selecting a product and clicking on the Activate licenses button. This opens the Activate Licenses dialog window, in which user selects the type of licenses (Device ID or User Name/Email) and provides the list of particular identifiers.
The example bellow shows the list of 10 IMEIs set as the Device ID type requested for activation.
When the operation finishes the status window appears. Finally the license statistics will be updated on the license overview page with new counts of activated licenses.
The operation can potentially end up with an error. The following error scenarios are covered:
- Duplication: duplicated activations are prevented so that company erroneously does not waste licenses
- Limit reached: if there is not enough free licenses some licenses from the provided list might not be activated
Activation option with usernames
With the license activation on usernames it is possible directly to create passwords for usernames by providing them in a second column.
Please note the password is set for the username only if the particular username is not yet existing in the system.
Activation option with csv import
Licenses can be activated using the import from csv files.
Select the product you want to use for activation
Browse for your csv file and let it be imported
The result of the import is reflected in a multi license activation as follows
Please note a csv file must contain the first column as imei or email, which can be followed by any number of custom named columns.
The values from custom columns are copied into each license as a structured information under the attribute Tags.
The example of csv file using imei identifier:
imei;customer;batch 48394399300;Coca Cola;783 48394399301;Coca Cola;783 48394399302;Pepsi Cola;784
Another example for activation using login:
email;password;uid;sn email@example.com;secretpswd1;123;134495 firstname.lastname@example.org;secretpswd2;157;134496
For Sygic 3D products the navigation devices when online are automatically activated with a Sygic application restart or login.
For Sygic 2D products you are able to download License.txt and a mlm file that needs to be copied to /Maps folder of internal memory/SD card to make the licenses activated on requested devices.
The deactivation operation can be triggered from the Orders page through selecting the product and clicking on Deactivate licenses button. This opens the Deactivate Licenses dialog window, in which user selects the type of licenses (Device ID or User Name/Email) and provides the list of identifiers.
The bellow example shows the Device ID type requested for deactivation.
When the operation finishes the status window appears. Finally, the license statistics will be updated on the license overview page with new counts of deactivated licenses.
The operation can potentially end up with an error. The following error scenarios are covered:
- Duplication: attempts to duplicated deactivation are reported for the convenience
- Not found license: if such identifier was not found among licenses with the given product
- Limit reached: when the number of repairs per license or total number of repairs per product would be reached
Please note that the deactivation operation is meant for the cases of having device broken, or stolen, etc. Each deactivation followed by activation increases the repair count, which when limit reached, decreases company’s free license capacity!
The reactivation is the result of the process when an activated license is deactivated and then activated again for a different device, or for a different username.
BLS defines the automatic logic that it tries first to activate the deactivated licenses prior to free licenses (those never activated before), thus creating repairs on a particular license slot.
Company user can monitor the actual total number of repairs for each product on the Orders page. Please note that there is a limit on repairs defined at purchase.
Company user can also monitor the repairs’ count on each license through the Licenses pages. The maximum limit of repairs on one license for lifetime licenses is set to 1, for time-limited licenses is set to 3.
If you are activating the licenses using one of our remote activation methods, you need to get the password allowing you to initialize the remote activation first.
By selecting the product, you want to activate the password for remote activation will be displayed.
More information about the remote activation: Remote Activation
Dispatching of the Product codes
When started Sygic application automatically triggers Activate dialog when there is no license valid, or a trial period license expired.
The activation itself is manual typing of 16 digit product code within Sygic application.
This type of activation is suitable with cases where the ID's of your set of devices are unknown and when you do not want to distribute licenses as usernames exploiting login scheme.
Please note that this type of activation requires internet access for a short moment during activation operation.
This type of activation is available for the following versions of Sygic navigation:
- Sygic Fleet 3D for Android
- Sygic Truck 3D for Android
- Sygic Taxi 3D for Android
More information about activation with product codes: Activation with Product codes