When road safety is mentioned, think of Sygic GPS Navigation. Sygic now makes traveling even safer and more comfortable. Thanks to our cooperation with the insurance company Union, a member of the ACHMEA B.V. group, Sygic GPS Navigation provides a new benefit of travel insurance directly in the app.
It’s simple, comfortable, and time-saving. You always take your emergency assistance contact with you and don’t have to worry about unexpected situations.
Travel insurance is available for all users with the Sygic navigation app from European countries.
Long-term (annual) travel insurance for 39,- € / a year
- Insurance covering repeated trips abroad for 365 days a year
- Beneficial for those who spend at least 25 days a year on the road
- Coverage of treatment costs in Europe and surrounding countries up to 250,000 €
- Insurance for ordinary activities and selected sports and leisure activities
- Insurance is agreed for a defined period of 365 days, or 366 days in a leap year, and covers an unlimited number of trips abroad, one trip can last up to 30 days
- The insurance covers events that occur during every trip whose length does not exceed 30 days, and when making an insurance claim, the insured person must present evidence clearly specifying the date when the insured person crossed the border of the country where they have permanent residence or public health insurance to travel abroad.
How to get Travel Insurance in Sygic GPS Navigation in 5 simple steps:
- Go to the app menu and find Travel Insurance.
- Check all benefits and insurance types by clicking on the blue button
- Select type of insurance
- Set the date of your trip
Confirm your choice and continue to checkout.
Scope Of Insurance Coverage And Insured Amount For Sygic Medical Expense Insurance
- Outpatient treatment including prescribed medicines and prescribed medical devices and medical supplies, hospitalisation and medical treatment during hospitalisation including prescribed medicines and prescribed medical devices and supplies, transport to and from a health care facility, repatriation to the home country - 250,000 €
- Accommodation at a medical facility for a close person travelling with the Insured Person in case of hospitalisation of a child aged under 21 years - 35 € / night, max. 350 €
- Accommodation and board of the Insured Person abroad if their hospitalisation is no longer medically necessary but they are not yet able to be repatriated to their home country - 50 € / night, max. 500 €
- Transportation of body - 10,000 €
- Purchase or repair of dioptric or prosthetic devices - 100 €
- Treatment of one tooth / total for all dental treatment - 100 € / max. 300 €
- Travel expenses to the place of hospitalisation of the Insured Person and from the place of hospitalisation of the Insured Person back to their home country for a close person of the Insured Person if the Insured Person is hospitalised for more than 5 consecutive days - 500 €
- Accommodation costs for a close person of the Insured Person at the place of hospitalisation of the Insured Person if the Insured Person is hospitalised for more than 5 consecutive days - 50 € / night, max. 500 €
- Expenses for travel to a medical facility for a close person of the Insured Person in case of hospitalisation of an insured person aged under 21 years (child) - 250 €
- Expenses for repatriation to the home country of an Insured Person aged under 21 (child) and a close person (in accordance with Part B(1)(I)(6)(b) of VPPPLNS/0421) - 500 €
- Accommodation costs for a close person of the Insured Person at the place of hospitalisation of an insured person aged under 21 years (child) - 50 € / night, max. 500 €*
Insurance also covers the following sports activities: aerobics; aqua aerobics; basketball; badminton; running; cross-country skiing on marked routes; billiards; bowling; curling; cycling, bicycle tours; rowing boats; electric scooter; e-sports; floorball; frisbee; football; golf; mountain biking on marked cycle paths (no fast downhill); inline skating; on-piste skibobbing; riding on an elephant, camel or other animal; tobogganing; riding on a water banana; paddle boating; skateboarding, pennyboarding (outside designated specialised parks); yoga; card games and board games; ninepin bowling; scooter riding (no engine); ice skating; rope trails in a rope park for children; on-piste skiing; petanque; swimming; angling from the bank; sledding and bobsledding; on-piste snowboarding; spinning; squash; table football; table hockey; table tennis; surfing; chess; darts; snorkelling; sports modelling; dance; tennis; hiking on marked trails without the need for climbing equipment (rope, seat harness, chest harness, helmet, carabiner, clamp, etc.) or artificial securing devices, regardless of altitude; volleyball; windsurfing.
Travel Insurance is available in Sygic GPS Navigation for Android, version 20.4 or higher for Sygic users in these countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finnland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Polland, Portugese, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
Insurance covers claims made for events occurring in: European countries and in Turkey, Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Cyprus, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan and the European part of the Russian Federation except for the country where the Insured Person has permanent residence or public health insurance.
Find all the details and the full scope of the insurance in the related legal documents: