Last Updated: February 2, 2017
- Collection of Information by Sygic
- Information Collected via Technology
- PII we receive from Other Sources
- How does Sygic processes PII and Non-PII?
- Our disclosure of Your information
- Your Choices regarding Your PII
- Accessing, reviewing and changing Your PII
- Transfer of Business Assets
- Other Sites
- Safeguarding the information You share with us
- Privacy questions
“Personally Identifiable Information” (“PII”) is any information about You that is personally identifiable to You like Your name, address, e-mail address, or phone number.
“Non-Personally Identifiable Information” means information that is not associated with or linked to Your PII. Non-PII does not permit identification of You. Non-PII, such as basic usage statistics regarding Your use of the products and services offered by Sygic, does not by itself identify You to Sygic, though such information may be unique or consist of or contain information that You consider personal.
Collection of Information by Sygic
The PII we gather from You helps us learn about our visitors and customers. We use this information to provide You with our products and services and the products and services of our carefully selected partners, to develop new products and services, to better tailor the features, performance and support of our products and services, and to offer You additional information and opportunities.
We collect PII that You submit to us voluntarily through our Websites and Your use of our products and services. We may collect Non-PII passively or actively. The types of PII and Non-PII we collect are:
- If You set up a “My Account” account, we will collect Your contact details such as email address and country, as well as, if appreciated, the information You provide us with in order to receive the newsletter of Your preference;
- If You buy products or services from our web store, we will collect Your full name, the name of Your company (if applicable), Your postal address, e-mail, phone number. The online payment is processed by RBS WorldPay system, which is the payment processing business of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, one of the largest banks in the world and a leading global brand. To guarantee the security of your payments, Sygic has chosen to use the biggest banking partners, as well as a secure, encrypted connection (SSL) technology. The name BIBIT B.V. may appear on your bank account statement. Please note that if the security department suspects fraud, we have the right to cancel the transaction for security reasons. The information we need to process Your payment of the purchase amount such as a bank account number or a credit card number is not among the information we collect;
- If You request customer support services for Sygic products and / or services, we will collect PII to enable us to provide customer support services to You, including Your name, email address, etc. We will also collect other information about the Sygic products You own, such as the serial numbers, date of purchase and information related to a support or service issue, some of which might include PII;
- By using a bulletin board or a chat room at our Websites, You should be aware that You are sharing all information You post on such bulletin boards or chat rooms with other users, including any PII that You may choose to share, which shall become public information. Please choose the information that You share carefully. Sygic has no control over and is not responsible for anyone’s use, misuse, collection or disclosure of information You provide on a bulletin board or in a chat room by any third party. The information presented on bulletin boards and in chat rooms reflects the views of the individual users.
- By using our Services we automatically create Non-PII for analytical purposes and to improve existing Services and create new ones.
Your user account name may be displayed throughout our Websites (and so available to the public) and is connected to all of Your Sygic activity. Other people can see Your posts, uploads, feedback, ratings and associated comments. Notices sent to other community members about suspicious activity and policy violations on our Websites refer to user accounts and specific items. If You associate Your name with Your user account, the people to whom You have revealed Your name will be able to identify Your Sygic activities.
You may also be asked to provide PII about a person other than Yourself (for example if You want to purchase a gift for someone and this PII is required for the fulfilment of the delivery of Your purchase), such as name, address, email address. This PII is used only for the purpose for which You provide it to Sygic.
Sygic may collect PII through surveys for market research purposes to gain a better understanding of our customers, to improve our products and services, and to develop new products and services. The information we collect in such instances depends on the survey, but might include Your name, address, age, information about Your use of our services and products and the like.
If You send us an email to apply for a position with Sygic, we will collect Your email address and the full content of Your email, included attached files, such as resumes, and other information necessary to process Your application.
You represent, warrant and covenant that any PII that You supply to Sygic is true, complete and accurate in all respects. You agree to notify Sygic immediately of any changes to Your PII via our Websites.
Information Collected via Technology
Sygic may gather Non-PII from Your Sygic device when You are using it or when You are connecting it to a computer by using Sygic HOME. This Non-PII includes location information (information about Your location), information on how long it took You to travel certain routes, traffic patterns and on any technical glitches You may have encountered. The nature of the Non-PII that Your Sygic device transmits to us will not enable us to trace it back to an identifiable person; provided, however, You may elect to permit us to associate such Non-PII with PII we have collected from You to provide You with specific location-based services that are tailored to meet Your needs or interests, to improve our products and services or to enforce the agreements, terms and conditions related to our Websites, products and services.
In addition to other information described in this policy, we may collect and share precise location information, through methods such as mobile “SDKs” (mobile technologies that operate similar to web-based “cookies”). This location information may be used by itself, aggregated, or combined with mobile identifiers (such Advertising IDs), and shared with third parties, for purposes related to advertising, analytics, attribution (e.g., measuring ad performance), analytics and research.
PII we receive from Other Sources
How does Sygic processes PII and Non-PII?
Sygic uses PII to contact You via mail, via email or phone to inform You of our (new) products and/or services, promotions we may offer, to submit a customer survey and any other marketing activity. Sygic is entitled to contract third parties to perform its direct marketing activities. Sygic may use Your PII to conduct market research, to improve our products and/or services, to provide more responsive customer service and to improve our Websites and related Communication Channels, products and services.
Sygic also uses PII to contact You, always on an “opt-in” basis, via mail, email address or phone to inform You of product and services of our carefully selected partners.
Sygic may create Non-PII records from PII by excluding information (such as Your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to You. We may use this Non-PII to analyse usage patterns, to improve all our services, to develop new services and reserve the right to use and disclose Non-PII to third parties in its discretion.
We may also use PII to resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems or to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our terms and conditions.
Our disclosure of Your information
We may disclose PII to respond to legal requirements, to enforce our policies, to respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or to protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. Such PII will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also share Your PII with:
- Members of Sygic’s trusted complainant programme when we in our sole discretion believe such disclosure is reasonably necessary or appropriate in connection with an intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity. In such events, we will disclose name, street address, city, state, zip code, country, phone number, email address and company name.
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, user account history and IP address.
- Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect Your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose Your PII to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without an official request, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of PII is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
Please note that if You access our Websites from a shared computer or a public computer, such as one in an internet café, certain information about You, such as Your user account, may be visible to other individuals who use the computer after You.
Your Choices regarding Your PII
Users of iOS can limit the collection of information through “Limiting Ad Tracking”, or through “Opting-out of interest-based ads” on Android.
Accessing, reviewing and changing Your PII
You can see, review and change much of Your PII by signing in to Your Sygic account. Generally, we will not modify Your PII because it is very difficult to verify Your identity remotely (e.g. via telephone). You must promptly update Your PII if it changes or is inaccurate. Once You make a public posting, You may not be able to change or remove it. Upon Your request (firstname.lastname@example.org), we will close Your account and remove Your PII from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on Your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain PII from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our terms and conditions, and take other actions permitted by law.
Transfer of Business Assets
In the event that Sygic undergoes a change of control or is sold or transferred, or in the event that substantially all of its assets are sold or transferred to a third party, Sygic’s website, products and services, and any personally identifiable information collected by Sygic, will be among the transferred assets. By using our Websites, products and/or services, You hereby agree and consent to such transfer or assignment of Your PII collected by Sygic or to a change of control of Sygic, and You further waive any claims that could be made against us in relation thereto.
We do not intentionally gather PII about visitors who are under the age of 13. If You believe that we have collected PII about a visitor who is under the age of 13, please contact Us at email@example.com, and such PII will be deleted.
Safeguarding the information You share with us
We recognize our responsibility to protect the PII You entrust to us. We take precautions including administrative, technical and physical measures to safeguard Your PII against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However We cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with PII and Sygic cannot be held liable for any unauthorized access or use of the data You have supplied to Us You can also take precautions to protect Your PII when You are on the Internet. Change Your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure You use a secure Internet browser.